Tom Jolliffe presents his Desert Island Collection...
1. Blade Runner - A visually dazzling, philosophical and engrossing masterpiece.
2. Taxi Driver - Amazing film and an amazing performance by De Niro.
3. Withnail & I - Gets better with every viewing.
4. Die Hard - Endlessly repeatable. It’s action movie perfection in every department.
5. Labyrinth - Always cheers me up. Wonderful design, wonderful characters.
6. Rocky - One of cinemas most endearing characters in the original and best.
7. Heat - How to craft a crime epic. It’s superb and Al and Bob are both on fire.
8. Planes, Trains and Automobiles - Just so easy to watch and wonderfully performed.
9. The Terminator - Low budget, but so big. Cameron’s most raw, and still his best.
10. Raiders of the Lost Ark - Harrison bookends my list I guess.
1. Father Ted - Surreal, barmy and brilliant. It’s gut wrenchingly hilarious.
2. Married with Children - Al Bundy is my hero. Fantastic show, as dry as the Sahara.
3. The Simpsons - Nuff said, though I’d leave behind most of their post 2000 stuff.
4. Bottom - Yep, I’m a comedy fan. Love Bottom. Anarchic and wonderfully puerile.
5. Blackadder (2-4) - Rowan Atkinson at his comedic best.
6. I’m Alan Partridge - Steve Coogan will never come close to Alan again. Genius.
7. The Office - As much as Ricky Gervais has jumped the shark since, this is class.
8. Seinfeld - Great writing, great observations, and great characters. Yo-Yo-ma!
9. The Transformers - Just to reminisce about the old days.
10. South Park - Deliriously silly and just a bit naughty. Eric Cartman forever!
Click here for more of our contributors' Desert Island Collections, and please feel free to leave your thoughts (or indeed, your own choices) below...