Following the recent unveiling of Sight & Sound's once-a-decade Greatest Films of All Time poll - which saw Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo ascending to first place and bringing to an end the fifty year reign of Orson Welles' Citizen Kane - the British Film Institute is running a season of screenings of the top ten films at the BFI Southbank throughout September and October, and to celebrate we're offering up a pair of tickets to any one of the the Sight & Sound Poll Winners screenings listed here.
Here's the top ten in full:
1. Vertigo (Alfred Hitchcock, 1958)
2. Citizen Kane (Orson Welles, 1941)
3. Tokyo Story (Yasujiro Ozu, 1953)
4. La Règle du jeu (Jean Renoir, 1939)
5. Sunrise: A Song for Two Humans (F.W. Murnau, 1927)
6. 2001: A Space Odyssey (Stanley Kubrick, 1968)
7. The Searchers (John Ford, 1956)
8. Man with a Movie Camera (Dziga Vertov, 1929)
9. The Passion of Joan of Arc (Carl Theodor Dreyer, 1927)
10. 8 ½ (Federico Fellini, 1963)
If you'd like to be in with a chance of winning, all you need to do is make sure you like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, then send a quick email with your contact details (be sure to include your postal address and Facebook or Twitter username), the subject heading "BFI TICKETS" and your preferred film / date.
The competition closes at midnight on Tuesday, August 28th. UK entrants only please.
By entering this competition you agree to our terms and conditions, which you can read here.