Considering that Warner Bros. is yet to officially announce the movie, never mind appoint a director, it would seem that there’s still a long way to go before DC Comics’ team of superheroes line up together for the studio’s proposed Justice League feature. Still, with Will Beall (Gangster Squad) busy developing a script, and recent comments from Man of Steel director Zack Snyder suggesting that his upcoming Superman reboot will tie in to Justice League, it’s clear that Warner Bros.’ plans for the movie are starting to take shape and now the folks at CosmicBookNews claim to have the inside scoop on which characters we’ll be seeing when the ensemble finally arrives on screen.
Now, bearing in mind that CosmicBookNews posts a tonne of “exclusive” rumours, many of which go nowhere, I’d advise taking these with a hefty pinch of salt for the time being…
• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn’t really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man’s world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold’s character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid’s Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
Warner Bros. is said to be looking at a 2015 release for Justice League, so expect to hear plenty of news about the hotly-anticipated comic book adaptation over the coming months…