A host of high profile TV talent have been recruited to be members of the voice cast for Superman: Unbound which arrives on May 7, 2013. Matt Bomer (White Collar) is the Man of Steel who must contend with John Nobel (Fringe) as Brainiac. Also helping out with the all-new DC Universe animated original movie based on the Geoff Johns / Gary Frank 2008 Action Comics arc Superman: Brainiac are the Castle duo of Stana Katic and Molly Quinn who lend their vocal talents to Lois Lane and Supergirl.
Superman: Unbound finds the Man of Steel aptly handling day-to-day crime while helping acclimate Supergirl to Earth’s customs and managing Lois Lane’s expectations for their relationship. Personal issues take a back seat when the horrific force responsible for the destruction of Krypton – Brainiac – begins his descent upon Earth. Brainiac has crossed the universe, collecting cities from interesting planets – including Supergirl’s home city of Kandor – and now the all-knowing, ever-improving android has his sights fixed on Metropolis. Superman must summon all of his physical and intellectual resources to protect his city, the love of his life and his newly-arrived cousin.
Other cast members featured in the animated film directed by James Tucker (Justice League, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) and written by Bob Goodman (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Warehouse 13) are Frances Conroy (Six Feet Under) as Ma Kent, Wade Williams (The Dark Knight Rises) as Perry White, Diedrich Bader (The Drew Carey Show, Office Space) as Steve Lombard, Stephen Root (Boardwalk Empire, Justified) as Zor-El, and Alexander Gould (Weeds) as Jimmy Olsen.
“Superman: Unbound adds an all-new chapter to the growing legacy of animated films featuring the Man of Steel and his epic challenges to maintain peace on Earth,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Home Video Vice President, Family & Animation and Partner Brands Marketing. “Matt Bomer’s voice epitomizes the All-American hero that is Superman, and John Noble counters that tone with a commanding, chilling delivery for Brainiac. A superhero is only as good as the depths of his opposition, and Noble brings out the best in his villainous portrayal of Brainiac.”
Superman: Unbound Blu-ray™ Combo Pack has over 4 1/2 hours of exciting content, including:
• Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
• Sneak Peek at Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
• Featurette – Kandor: History of the Bottle City – An all-new featurette. Kandor: a peaceful scientific community dedicated toward the preservation of all that is good on Krypton, the home world of Superman. That is, until the city was ripped from its world and placed into a small glass bottle! This is the short story highlighting the shrunken city of Kandor. Its history just as fascinating as it is unique, here is how it ties in directly with the Man of Tomorrow.
• Featurette – Brainiac: Technology and Terror – An all-new featurette. Mostly machine, but part sentient being, Brainiac steals cities and destroys worlds. Is he the most vile of Superman’s villainous foes? Experience the Brainiac mythology and find out why Superman barely stands a chance!
• Audio Commentary – Featuring members of the creative team: Mike Carlin, Bob Goodman and James Tucker.
• Four bonus episodes from Superman: The Animated Series (The Last Son of Krypton, Part 1; New Kids in Town; and Little Girl Lost, Parts 1 & 2), all handpicked by producer Alan Burnett.
• Digital Comic – Excerpt from the graphic novel Superman: Brainiac by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank.
Superman: Unbound arrives on May 7, 2013 and will be available on Blu-rayTM Combo Pack, DVD, On Demand & For Digital Download.