UK box office top ten and analysis for the weekend of Friday 15th to Sunday 17th November 2013...
Elsewhere, Ridley Scott's The Counselor was the highest new entry of the weekend with £815,051 in fourth, followed by another new release, Lee Daniels' The Butler, which earned £794,044 to take fourth. The only other new arrival to crack the top ten was the Bollywood effort Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela in tenth with £348,574, leaving Don Jon and Dom Hemingway to settle for eleventh and twelfth respectively.
Number one this time last year: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
1. Gravity - £4,838,152 weekend (2 weeks)
2. Thor: The Dark World - £1,782,854 weekend (3 weeks)
3. Philomena - £1,006,356 weekend (3 weeks)
4. The Counselor - £815,051 weekend (New)
5. The Butler - £794,044 weekend (New)
6. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 - £740,029 weekend (4 weeks)
7. Captain Phillips - £682,571 weekend (4 weeks)
8. Turbo - £429,116 weekend (5 weeks)
9. Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa - £382,236 weekend (4 weeks)
10. Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela - £348,574 weekend (New)
The big release this week is of course The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (cert. 12A), which opens here in the UK tomorrow [read our review here], while Friday brings a number of newcomers including Computer Chess (cert. 15), The Family (cert. 15), Vendetta (cert. 18), Parkland (cert. 15) and Blue Is the Warmest Color (cert. 18).