After 20th Century Fox unveiled their full upcoming slate at Hall H of last week’s San Diego Comic Con, the stars of the upcoming pictures teamed up for an all-star photo shoot. The stars of the upcoming Marvel slate of Fantastic Four, Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse, Gambit and the still-untitled Wolverine 3 all shared the same stage for a shoot with more stars than the sky.
As Fox stamp their claim on their portion of Marvel’s cinematic universe, their rebranding has begun to revitalise the franchises under its wing. The newest incarnation of the Fantastic Four is set to hit cinemas in less than a month and hopes are high that the film, featuring the starred Miles Teller (Whiplash), Michael B. Jordan (Fruitvale Station), Kate Mara (House of Cards) and Jamie Bell (Snowpiercer), will follow in the footsteps of the X-Men franchise.
With the successes of First Class and Days of Future Past, Fox has managed the perfect blend of old, keeping the ageless Patrick Stewart, timeless Ian McKellen and hunk-tacular Hugh Jackman in the cast, whilst adding the undeniable quality of Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy amongst others.
The new universe will also be getting the first stand-alone Gambit and Deadpool films, featuring the under-rated Channing Tatum (Foxcatcher) and Ryan Reynolds (The Voices) respectively, and a third Wolverine film, of which we know little. Little is also known of how closely the five films will be linked.
The official line-up for the Entertainment Weekly image follows:
• Jamie Bell, who plays The Thing in the new Fantastic Four.
• Michael Fassbender, who is young Magneto in X-Men: Apocalypse.
• Miles Teller, the new, super-stretchy Reed Richards, a.k.a. Mister Fantastic, in Fantastic Four.
• Michael B. Jordon, Johnny Storm, a.k.a. The Human Torch in Fantastic Four.
• Jennifer Lawrence, the shapeshifter Mystique in X-Men: Apocalypse.
• Ryan Reynolds, in his second try at Deadpool.
• Kate Mara, who is Sue Storm, a.k.a. The Invisible Woman, in Fantastic Four.
• Oscar Isaac, the eponymous villain of X-Men: Apocalypse.
• Nicholas Hoult, blue-furred Beast from X-Men: Apocalypse.
• Olivia Munn, who is the telekinetic Psylocke in X-Men: Apocalypse.
• James McAvoy, with a shaved head for Professor Charles Xavier in X-Men: Apocalypse.
• Channing Tatum, the bayou-bred Gambit.
• Hugh Jackman, sporting the claws again for X-Men: Apocalypse and once more for a third Wolverine film.
• Evan Peters, making a second speedy-delivery as Quicksilver in X-Men: Apocalypse.
Fantastic Four is set for release on August 7th, followed by Deadpool on February 5th 2016 in the UK and February 12th 2016 in the States, X-Men: Apocalypse on May 19th, 2016 in the UK and May 27th, 2016 in the States, Gambit on October 7th 2016 and Wolverine 3 on March 2nd 2017.