For those of you of a certain age this news will spark neurons of nostalgia in your yellowing brain cells and you will feel the urge to move towards you Steam Wallet.
RollerCoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) has today announced its worldwide release date, and this fear-inducing, fairground simulator will be arriving on both PC and Linux based systems on the 10th December, with a Mac version planned at a later date.
RollerCoaster Tycoon World is the newest instalment in the legendary RCT franchise. This next-generation theme park simulation and building game includes fan-favourite features and incredible new advancements such as stunning 3D environments full of roller coaster thrills, exciting flat rides, eager guests, user-generated content, robust social features, and more – all in one massively fun game!
- Ride Every Coaster: Hop into the front seat of a coaster and ride what you made yourself!
- Freeform Object Placement: Control and place every single in-game object anywhere on the map at any angle. For our more casual users we are also providing ‘snap-to’ and ‘brush’ placement functionality to make this enhancement easy to use.
- Visit a Friend: Check out a friend’s park with a simple click! Chat with them and give them suggestions on what to do next while you’re there.
- Innovative 3D Track Editor: Create the coolest and wildest coasters imaginable with our best track editor ever! For the first time, using our spline based editor, tracks can be fully manipulated in 3D allowing you to create any shape you can dream up.
- Fully Deformable Terrain with Water: Build amazing rides and change your park’s landscape in full 3D with completely deformable terrain and water.
- Expansive Selection of In-Game Objects: Entertain your park guests with many different types of coasters and rides, all in eye-popping next generation resolution. Choose from pre-made rides and coasters to scenery and shops.
- Play the way you want in Sandbox mode, or complete varying challenges and quests in Scenario and Campaign modes.
The will be an RCTW pre-order program, which will be giving you direct access to two pre-launch Beta weekends, here you’ll have the ability to get in-game before anyone else! These Beta weekends will take place in late October and late November, 2015. You can pre-order RollerCoaster Tycoon World now from Steam and you must pre-order the game to take part in the Beta programs.
RollerCoaster Tycoon World will be available in both Standard and Deluxe editions. The Deluxe Edition includes two additional maps, terrain texture additions, a digital art book, a gold park entrance, and the classic Panda mascot! Details on both editions can be found by Clicking Here.
Every pre-order will be coming with 5 additional peep skins, so you’ll be able to show off to your friends – and the rest of the world – that you were an early adopter by having 5 exclusive peeps wandering around your park!
RollerCoaster Tycoon World will be released on the 10th December and you can pre-order it from Steam here.
Villordsutch likes his sci-fi and looks like a tubby Viking according to his children. Visit his website and follow him on Twitter.