UK box office top ten and analysis for the weekend of Friday 4th September to Sunday 6th September 2015…
Despite four new entries cracking the top ten, the N.W.A biopic Straight Outta Compton held on to top spot in its second weekend, pulling in £1.37 million to push its UK haul to £5.8 million and counting.
The highest new entry of the week was the action thriller No Escape, which earned £637,630 to claim third place, followed by Me and Earl and the Dying Girl in fifth with £431,726, The Transporter Refueled in seventh with £352,278 and American Ultra in eighth with £352.278.
Number one this time last year: Sex Tape
1. Straight Outta Compton, £1,366,741 weekend; £5,807,566 total (2 weeks)
2. Inside Out, £731,291 weekend; £36,024,571 total (7 weeks)
3. No Escape, £637,630 weekend (New)
4. Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, £509,849 weekend; £20,105,197 total (6 weeks)
5. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, £431,726 weekend (New)
6. Pixels, £394,154 weekend; £7,575,970 total (4 weeks)
7. The Transporter Refueled, £352,278 weekend (New)
8. American Ultra, £347,401 weekend (New)
9. The Man from U.N.C.L.E., £325,625 weekend; £5,958,355 total (4 weeks)
10. Hitman: Agent 47, £295,316 weekend; £1,923,261 total (2 weeks)
Today sees the release of the Krays biopic Legend starring Tom Hardy, while YA sequel Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials opens tomorrow and Friday brings M. Night Shyamalan’s The Visit, Woody Allen’s Irrational Man and Abel Ferrara’s Pasolini.