Sony and Square Enix have announced that Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age is heading to PlayStation 4 in 2017, presenting a high-definition remaster of the 2006 RPG. Check out the reveal trailer here, along with a selection of screenshots…
According to the official PlayStation site, “players can expect several modern advancements when they return to Ivalice, including a reconstructed battle design and a revamped job system.” It will also come with updated visuals, and a newly-recorded soundtrack (although you’ll have the option to switch between the new score and the original at any time). Here’s a full list of the features…
FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE improves upon the 2006 classic FINAL FANTASY XII, now more beautiful and easier to play than ever. The high-definition remaster introduces several modern advancements, including reconstructed battle design and a revamped job system. With newly implemented trophies and share functions, as well as stark visual and sound improvements in true HD for the first time, players both returning and new to the game will experience a grand adventure that spans the world of Ivalice in an entirely fresh and improved way.
– The Zodiac Job System – Improved character leveling system that now caters to the player’s preference
– Trial Mode – Take on monsters and enemies in up to 100 consecutive battles
– Speed Mode
– Latest-generation HD graphical capabilities, including characters and movie scenes fully remastered in high definition.
– True 7.1 surround sound, including high definition voicing and newly recorded background music utilizing the current generation of sound production.
– Option to switch between the original and the newly remastered soundtrack.
– Modern advancements including PlayStation 4 trophy support and share functionalities, auto-save and shortened loading times
– An endless amount of gameplay and adventure including Hunts, Battles, and mini-games
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/197064794″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=false” width=”100%” height=”150″ iframe=”true” /]