Fans of Total War: Warhammer will have the opportunity to purchase the Call of the Beastmen DLC this Thursday but if you are not planning on getting this there are still plenty of free content coming in update 2, which is also released on the same day.
The Beastmen will still make appearances in the game as a new AI controlled race meaning players will still get to witness the terrifying new Beastmen units in action. There will also be new multiplayer maps and best of all, access to the Amber Wizard and his own powerful mount for Empire players.
Amber Wizards are a brand new unit for the Empire and are the only unit outside of the Beastmen to use the Lore of Beasts. Using the Wind of Ghur, this branch of Wizardry gives access to spells that are able to control the beasts to help distract the enemy.
The spells that the Amber Wizard has access to are:
- Wyssan’s Wildform: Buffs your allies for 14 seconds with 22% Weapon Damage and +15 Armour.
- Flock of Doom: Summons a swarm of crows to pick at the foe’s eyes and causes direct damage to all targets in the area for 7 seconds, with a 30m range.
- Pann’s Impenetrable Pelt: Provides a 22% Damage Resistance buff along with a 24% speed increase to allies. Lasts for50 seconds.
- The Amber Spear: A magic missile which causes armour piercing damage, is effective at all ranges and offers excellent penetration.
- Transformation of Kadon: Summons a powerful manticore to fight for you.
The Amber Wizard also comes with an exclusive mount, a jade green griffon in unique Amber College armour allowing your wizard to fly high above the battlefield.
There will be 4 new multiplayer maps in this update that all players will have access to.
- Stir River will see forces gather alongside this great and evil river in a bid to secure victory over this strategically important area.
- Grimminhagen takes place in a canyon with densely forested cliffs on either side and a fairly open central low land area.
- Fall of Man takes place in the Grey Mountains. The defender will be situated at the top of the hill whilst the attacker will start at the bottom near the densely forested road.
- Kelp & Koldust is set outside the smouldering ruins of a sacked Empire village and is a mostly open battlefield providing lots of opportunity for variety.
Finally, those who want to play as Sarthorael the Everwatcher, Lord of Change and Greater Daemon of Tzeentch will be able to do so once you’ve unlocked an achievement in the Grand Campaign that allows Sarthorael to become a named Lord. He will be playable in custom and multiplayer battles.
For those who want to see the Amber Wizard in action, check out the video below….