A new legendary lord has been unleashed into Total War: Warhammer to fight alongside Dwarfs against the hated greenskins – say hello to Grombrindal a.k.a. The White Dwarf. In the latest spotlight video below, the guys at Total War take a closer look at this most legendary of Dwarves.
Grombrindal’s true identity is shrouded in mystery, some Dwarfs say that he is the living incarnation of the first High King, Snorri Longbeard whilst others say he is betrothed to the powerful goddess Valaya. Whoever he is, he is a symbol of hope to the Dwarfs and will fight to the bitter end when he is around.
Along with Grombrindal come a set of unique quests, each of which rewards him with his legendary wargear; the Rune Helm of Zhufbar, the Armour of Glimril Scales, the Rune Cloak of Valaya, and the Rune Axe of Grimnir.
The White Dwarf being a powerful legendary lord has the following traits and abilities:
- Grombrindal can take on the form and gain the benefits of one of the Dwarf deities, Grimnir, Valaya and Grungni, through his unique Living Ancestor dilemma
- Possesses the greatest campaign reinforcement range of any Lord
- Increased Underway evasion chance
- His ‘Grimnir Has no Fear’ battle ability bestows increased melee attack, melee defence, vigour and the Unbreakable trait.
- His ‘Flash Bomb’ ability temporarily blinds enemies and slows them down.
To gain Grombrindal players must gain the free Steam key card which is available from Games Workshops stores and in the Games Workshop White Dwarf magazine. These cards also contain a 20% discount off the game. However, should you not live near a Games Workshop store and don’t fancy buying the magazine Grombrindal will become available to all sometime in 2017.