The Fun Pimps have announced on their forum that Patch 7 for 7 Days to Die Console Edition has been put through for submission with Microsoft and Sony. Don’t be expecting anything from Alpha 16 in this patch though or you will be very disappointed, this patch is 99% bug fixes. This latest patch will be Version 184.108.40.206 on the Xbox One and Version 1.010 on the Playstation 4.
The only new feature to be introduced in this latest patch are signs. Player signs are now customisable blocks which means gamers can now type in custom messages or notices so that others can read them. However, this feature will not be available in split screen local multiplayer mode only single player and online multiplayer game modes. Just like secure crates, signs have the ability to be locked and passcode protected.
There are plenty of bug fixes in this latest version and they are as follows:
- Fixed an issue that prevents horde difficulty from adjusting correctly when multiple players are close together.
- Fixed an issue that prevented mushrooms spawning in Random Gen worlds.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes stop interaction prompts from appearing when the player would die with a crossbow equipped and then respawn.
- Fixed an issue that caused Air Drops to disappear when a host re-entered game.
- Fixed an issue that would cause using a wrench on a Shopping Basket to yield 2 Shopping Baskets.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the item “Banditgloves” to be obtained.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed pressure plates to be destroyed for more resources than it took to make them. (Why did I not hear of this one?)
- Fixed an issue created in Patch 5 that caused the grass to be greener than it used to be.
- Fixed an issue involving the sound effect for closing a container.
- Fixed a crash that would occur if player 1 would quit the game immediately after player 2 selected a character.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when joining a game from the console main menu after booting it up from sleep mode.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes result in the corruption of player save data thus resetting character data, and wiping inventory. However, this only applies to future saves and will not fix saves that have already been affected.
- Fixed an issue where falling far enough out of world would corrupt the save game.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to go into an unresponsive state when a wireless controller was reconnected while the game was loading up.
- Fixed an issue that allowed a player to pull up the virtual keyboard in split screen local multiplayer mode.
As you can see, the developers are creating many fixes to ensure we remain happy survivors. Of course, my pet peeve bug of kicking me out the game and back to the Xbox dashboard during online multiplayer is still there……..sigh! See the full forum thread here.
What do you guys think to this patch? Are you happy with the signs and the fixes or do you feel that a few feet are being dragged? Share your thoughts in the comments below.