Creative Assembly have announced that a huge update that introduces battle map editing is coming to Total War: Warhammer Assembly Kit. The battle map editor is currently scheduled for release at the end of February but for those who can’t wait to get their hands on it can now download the Beta.
Going by the name of Terry, the Battle Map Editor Beta will allow the following features:
• Land battle map editing for custom and multiplayer battles.
• Large variety of environment models, buildings and other scenery available plus SFX and VFX.
• A.I. help, deployment editing, no go zones, terraforming and texture painting.
• Ability to customise layout of tools for easy organization and navigation.
• Easy one click export that creates a .pack file for your map.
• Live map transfer in multiplayer. Players will just need to host a game with a custom map and other players will download it automatically without the need to subscribe on the workshop. Maps will delete after the battle unless you subscribe to the Workshop.
• Share maps in the Steam Workshop.
Unfortunately the Beta is currently only available for Windows 10 users but will become available to Windows 7 and 8 users on full release.
For details on how to download and access the Beta visit the Total War: Warhammer forum here.