Studio Wildcard have announced the release of Patch 256 for Ark: Survival Evolved. Patch 256 will introduce 4 new and interesting creatures and lots of new TEK goodies including teleporter pads, wireless generators and vacuum sealed underwater bases. Watch the new trailer for this latest patch below…
The sci-fi themed TEK Tier is being implemented in phases and Patch 256 brings some brilliant new equipment including:
- TEK Mosa Saddle – Once this saddle is placed on a Mosasaur it will be equipped with lasers and other technical goodies.
- TEK Power Generator – This wireless generator is capable of powering any TEK structure and Tribe electrical structures providing it is positioned close enough.
- TEK Teleporter – A device that is incredibly expensive and difficult to build but once obtained it allows players to move quickly and easily around the island.
- TEK Underwater Bases – Players will now have the ability to construct large underwater bases with air locks and ventilator rooms to provide oxygen.
New creatures introduced in this update are as follows:
- Equus Magnus is an ancestor to modern day horses and although much larger than the horses we are familiar to it can still be tamed for riding and herding. Extra saddlebags can also be attached which can turn these creatures into mobile research and crafting stations. Players will also be able to find the extremely rare Equus variation, the unicorn. Only one unicorn exists on a map so treat with lots of TLC.
- Leedsichthys Conviviumbrosia is the largest fish living near the island. Prized for their meat, these fish are often sought after. Players will also be able to find Alpha Leedsichthys Conviviumbrosia and when killed they will provide plenty of meat and a special cosmetic skin hidden inside its stomach.
- Iguanodon Vicissitudinis is a large herbivore that can be used for harvesting fruit and making quick getaways when needed.
- Ichthyornis Piscoquus are similar to seagulls and can be tamed by players. Icthy’s can be used to attack smaller prey and catch fish for players.
Patch 256 will allow players to breed aquatic animals by keeping eggs underwater at all times. There will also be lots of new in-game sounds as well as a new hairstyle and facial hair, another 30+ Explorer Notes and a overhaul of the Inventory UI.
Let us know what you think to this latest patch in the comments below…