Back at the beginning of March we brought you the news that the award-winning, industry-veterans Team17 and Mouldy Toof were due to release The Escapists 2: Welcome to Center Perks, the follow-up to the indie smash The Escapists, later in 2017. Well below you can watch the first map for this upcoming game, a western inspired affair titled “Rattlesnake Springs”…
Howdy, partner! It’s well known in the old west that if you evade the hangman’s noose, the local Sheriff sends you upstate to Rattlesnake Springs. Rustled up alongside the lowest outlaws in the county, you decide to break out of this calaboose – by hook or crook!
The Escapists 2 is the forthcoming sequel to the multi-million selling, award-winning sandbox prison-escape game which will include, in a first for the series, drop in/drop out play for up to four players in both local and online play.
Escaping won’t be easy though. You’ll have to work around the strict prison schedule and avoid the unwanted attention of guards. Craft weapons and tools found (or stolen) from within the prison, but beware of cell shakedowns. Get a job or perform “favours” for your fellow inmates to purchase vital supplies, all while scouting escape routes.
The Escapists 2 will feature:
- Multiplayer – In a first for the series, The Escapists 2 offers drop-in/drop-out play offering both split screen and online play for up to four players in both co-op and versus modes
- New ways to escape – Tie together knotted sheets and use them to climb down high windows in our new multi-level prisons and other new ways to make a break for freedom!
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade taser to knock out guards plus many more!
- New combat system – A completely revamped combat system featuring new lock-on targeting and blocking systems plus light and heavy attacks
- New graphical style – A brand new look immerses players in a deeper, richer world while maintaining that unique The Escapists style
- More character customisation – New customisation options let players tweak their avatar to a whole new level. Go bald! Sport a mullet! The choice is yours
- More things to do – Join a band! Learn to paint! The Escapists 2 will offer more ways than ever to pass the time whilst incarcerated
The Escapists 2 will be available to buy on the Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and the PC within 2017.