With the release of the Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood expansion just over a week away (20th June), Square Enix have decided to give us an early treat and release the expansion’s launch trailer. This new trailer introduces epic bosses, epic locations and epic battles. Watch the new launch trailer below…
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood expansion adds so much new content to the game but the thing that will stand out for fans is the increase to the level cap from 60 to 70. This is great news for those fans who have already reached level 60 and wanting a new target. The expansion also keeps Yoshi-P’s promise of expansions adding jobs as the Red Mage and Samurai jobs become available for players to master, this brings the game’s total of playable jobs to 15.
Two new adventures will take place in Ala Mhigo and Doma and new exploration opportunities in Gyr Abania, the Ruby Sea, Yanxia and the Azim Steppe. To help with exploration in the water, players will now, for the first time, be able to swim and dive.
The expansion’s features include:
- New adventures in Ala Mhigo and Doma
- Play as two new jobs─red mage and samurai
- New exploration with swimming and diving
- Level cap increase from 60 to 70
- Changes to the battle system
- Journey to the Far Eastern city of Kugane
- Explore Gyr Abania, the Ruby Sea, Yanxia, and the Azim Steppe
- New primals and beastmen: Lakshmi and the Ananta, Susano and the Kojin
- New dungeons
- A new 8-man raid: Interdimensional Rift─Omega
- A new alliance raid: Return to Ivalice
- The Forbidden Land of Eureka
- New gear and crafting recipes
- A new residential district: Shirogane
- Expanded item inventory
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood expansion will be released on 20th June.