Creative Assembly have released a new video for their upcoming title Total War: Warhammer II that provides an in-depth look at the High Elf roster. This video has been edited from the Facebook stream that took place recently and provides the details that fans want to hear about these arrogant pointy eared folk. Watch this video below…
Two brothers will be the Legendary Lords for the High Elf army, these are Tyrion (no not Lanister) and Teclis. Tyrion is a tall and imposing figure on the battlefield and is considered a ‘duelist’, this means he is great against heroes, lords and other single enemy but won’t be as effective against units so don’t get him tied up by the enemies expendable units. Teclis, on the other hand, is less imposing but his magic abilities are certainly impressive. Teclis is able to sacrifice a portion of his magic ability to boost his survivability through the use of a potion.
High Elf Lord characters come in two forms, Princes will be kitted out in heavy armour and equipped with a sword and shield whilst the Princess will have light armour and equipped with a sword and a bow. Both Lords are able to ride into battle on the Star Dragon.
There are 3 heroes for the High Elf army, the Mage is the magic User, the Noble is the brawler but the most imposing of heroes is the Loremaster of Hoeth. This hero is essentially given the power of a Lord due to his importance within the High Elf culture. When not in battle the Loremaster keeps a record of the High Elf heritage.
High Elf infantry units include High Elf Spears, Swordmasters, Phoenix Guard and the White Lions of Chrace. The White Lions come equipped with a great axe and a Lion Cloak which can deflect any missiles. Missile based units include Elves with Long Bows and the Lothern Sea Guard, these units will be equipped with longbows and spears making them a threat at a distance and close range. Talking of missiles, the Eagle Claw bolt thrower can either shoot a powerful bolt at a single enemy or 13 weaker bolts in a scatter shot.
Cavalry units for the High Elves include the heavy cavalry Dragon Princes and the Elyrian Reavers. The Reavers are a light cavalry and have the vanguard ability making them extremely useful for taking through woodland to attack the enemy missile units.
There are several creatures available to High Elf players:
- Flame Spire Phoenix is ideal for those players who prefer not to use much magic as the more magic users there are the less power in its fire attacks. Being a phoenix there is a 50/50 chance it can be reborn.
- Frost Heart emits the Blizzard Aura that causes opponents to do less damage.
- Sun Dragons are the weakest dragons and their fire breath is not very focused.
- Moon Dragon has a more focused fire breath and is a little stronger than the above.
- Star Dragons are the most powerful in the roster and the most expensive creature in the game. Its fire breath can melt through any armour but can only be cast while flying and it does take time for this ability to recharge.
So, there you have it, all the units that every budding pointy eared general could ever want. Being a Dwarf general at heart I find it very hard to say, but the High Elf roster is looking absolutely stunning. What do you think? Leave a comment below.