Awesomenauts update 4.3 is now available on Steam and this update brings the game’s 32nd ‘Naut to the fray. Commander Rocket is a hardened soldier who brings hardcore action into battle with his rocket launcher. To see Commander Rocket in action watch the video below…
Commander Rocket was a soldier with many years experience until an incident while cleaning his rocket launcher literally caused him to lose his head. Given a prosthetic head, Rocket returns to battle in Awesomenauts along with his trusty rocket launcher that deals damage and knocks enemies back, a rotating laser trap and they ‘Charged Salvo’ skill which lets him fire 3 rockets in one launch. A new Premium skin is also available for Commander Rocket as paid DLC called ‘Commander Cook-it’.
Update 4.3 brings new portraits for the following characters, these can be unlocked with AwesomePoints:
- Brigadier drone
- Inflatable Gnaw
- Ghosthouse skull
- Seahorse head
- Pete Jennirks
- Prankster Yuri
General changes and fixes to be found in this latest update include:
- Reduced the cost of Smiles to 7500 Awesomepoints now that he’s settled into the team.
- Fixed several formatting issues in French translations.
- Fixed that the tooltip for Smiles’ jump showed the incorrect starting health amount in the armory.
- Added particles and other effects to the character select and armory art for Smiles and Pyromancer Smiles.
- Fixed that the random map option in custom games would never result in Starstorm.
- If a player is killed by a damage over time effect, the game message announcing their death will now show an icon by what damage the player was killed, just as with direct damage.
- Selecting text outside of the text field in global chat will no longer show the selection highlight outside of the text field.
- Added multiple new pieces of fan art to the in-game gallery.
- Removed the misplaced fade out animations of the charges bar for penny during her pounce.
- Droids in the test level now die if they reach the other side, to prevent performance problems if one of the turrets is destroyed.
- Fixed inconsistent behaviour of adjustments to sliders in custom game options with large ranges using arrow keys/controllers, like the “autobuy after X gold” custom game option.
- Added a setting in Custom Games that allows the host to disable certain characters for the Red Team and Blue Team. This allows players to limit certain custom games to a specific character, for example.
- Fixed that the “Awesomenauts -Roll out!” achievement would not unlock is some rare cases.
- Fixed that the “Dinosaurs don’t like brain boxes” achievement could unlock after rejoining a game.
Several fixes to characters include:
- Genji – Pieridae Transformae, fixed that the enemy droid would die after a delay instead of immediately.
- Skølldir – Fixed an issue where base skin Skølldir’s 3rd punch would get a longer range when buying Oily Spray-On Bronze.
- Yuri – In replays: if Yuri dies while firing his laser, this laser will no longer stick around for a bit.
Is Commander Rocket a character you will be interested in playing? Let us know in the comments below…