Ubisoft have announced that Update 1.7, the first of 2 free updates that Ubisoft will be releasing this year, will be released for Tom Clancy’s The Division on Tuesday. This will be a free update featuring several new features including a new event system and new gear and will be available on both consoles and PC. A new update trailer showing these new features can be viewed below….
Update 1.7 will include the following new features:
- Global Events – A new event system will be introduced that will challenge players to find new ways to play through time sensitive activities featuring new gameplay modifiers. These new Events will be available regularly and grant exclusive rewards upon completion. Players will also be able to activate additional modifiers for some missions and incursions, adding an extra layer of challenge that gives them a chance to yield more rewards.
The first of these Global Events will start on the 15th August at 6pm (BST) and will introduce new enemy behaviour.
- Commendations – Commendations, initially called Feats, are a new built in achievement system that will provide players with a variety of tasks and rewards.
- Encrypted Caches – Caches are loot boxes with random customisation items and emotes inside. Caches can be obtained by gathering keys in the game world or can be purchased with Premium Credits.
- New Gear and Customisation Options – A variety of new gear will be available and includes Classified Gear sets, new facemasks and Arm Patches. Players will also be able to re-customise their agents for free at the Barbershop.
- Survival DLC improvements – New scoring items allow players to achieve higher scores. The reward economy has also been reworked so that time investment is more on par with other activities.
As well as this free update, players on all platforms will be able to play Tom Clancy’s The Division’s second expansion, Survival, for free this weekend from 18th August at 2pm (BST) to 20th August 8pm. In the expansions new Survival Mode players will be stripped of all equipment and placed in the Dark Zone during a harsh blizzard. Players will need to find equipment and warm clothing and ensure they avoid other agents and hostile hunters if they are to succeed. The weekend will also see discounts on Tom Clancy’s The Division Standard and Gold editions, Season Pass and standalone expansions.