Veteran developer, Team 17, has announced that their turn based hit strategy game Worms W.M.D is now available for the Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop. The Switch edition of the game retains all the great features that other platforms enjoyed but will let you play on the go. Team 17 have released a special Switch trailer which you can watch below…
Worms W.M.D features a huge range of levels capable of challenging most players. Thirty campaign levels, twenty training missions and ten challenge missions each of which increases in difficulty await gamers. A huge arsenal of weapons both new and old are there for players to use with over 80 weapons and utilities available. If that isn’t enough for players then there is also be a range of different mounted gun types to use that can help you on your way to victory.
Nintendo Switch players will gain all updates that other gamers have been able to experience but they will also be the first players to get their hands on a new crate drop which includes a brand new Space theme, two new forts – Mushroom and Tree House, and brand new customisations including three new outfits and three new gravestones.
Worms W.M.D features:
- Extensive single player campaign plus training missions and 10 challenges to complete and compete against your friends on the leaderboards.
- Local multiplayer with friends using a variety of different controller options – up to four players can play using a mixture of either individual Joy Cons or the Pro Controller. If you want to extend the fun to a six-player battle, then simply pass the controller.
- Unleash Wormageddon against your friends online with full online multiplayer support.
- Grab the crafting crates that drop from the sky during games to make upgraded versions of items such as the Electric Sheep, the Bazooka Pie and the Holy Mine Grenade to unleash on your enemies.
- Vehicles: Worm warfare gets serious with the introduction of vehicles for the first time in the series and include tanks, helicopters and mechs.
- Keep your worms safe from direct attacks by hiding in buildings.
The Nintendo Switch edition of Worms W.M.D is available to download now from the Nintendo eShop for £19.99 / $29.99 / €29.99.