Two brand new DLC packs are now available for the i Pad edition of Sid Meier’s Civilization VI offering more challenges and new scenarios to budding empire builders on the go. The Nubia civilization and the Khmer and Indonesian civilization Scenario Packs can be purchased from the iOS App Store. Civilization VI is currently available at 50% off until 17th May.
Nubia is ruled by Amanitore who, like many queens of Nubia before her, was a warrior queen that saw her kingdom grow during her reign. Nubia’s unique abilities allow players to build a strong foundation early in the game.
Players choosing Nubia gain the following abilities:
- Civ Unique Ability: Nubia gets bonus production towards Ranged units, and all Ranged units gain combat experience faster. Mines provide extra production over strategic resources, and extra gold over luxury resources.
- Leader Unique Ability: Amanitore gives Nubia bonus production towards building Districts, which can be boosted further if there is a Nubian Pyramid adjacent to the City Center.
- Unique Unit: The Pitati Archer replaces the Ancient Era Archer. It is stronger and faster than the ancient Archer and upgrades to Crossbowman.
- Unique Infrastructure: The Nubian Pyramid can be built on Desert, Desert Hills, or Floodplains, and provides Faith, as well as additional yields based on the adjacent District, or Food for the City Center.
The Gifts of the Nile scenario awaits with this DLC pack and will see players compete against other civs to complete the 7 Temples of Amun.
The Khmer from the Khmer and Indonesian DLC is ruled by Jayavarman VII, a Buddhist military leader who crowned himself king and focused on improvement of his empire rather than expansion.
Khmer’s abilities are:
- Civ Unique Ability: The “Grand Barays” ability gives Khmer additional food when Farms are built next to Aqueducts, and Aqueducts provide both Faith and an Amenity.
- Leader Unique Ability: Jayavarman’s “Monasteries of the King” ability lets Khmer grab adjacent territory as well as Food and Housing when Holy Sites are built on a river.
- Unique Unit: The Domrey, a ballista mounted on an elephant, is stronger than a Catapult, can move and shoot on the same turn, and exerts Zone of Control.
- Unique Building: The Prasat replaces the Temple and provides a Relic Great Work slot. Missionaries that are produced here gain a new attribute when killed in religious combat: they generate a Relic.
The Indonesian civilization ruled by Dyah Gitarja will provide the following abilities:
- Civ Unique Ability: With the “Great Nusantara” ability, Coastal Tiles provide Indonesia with minor adjacency bonuses for certain districts and Entertainment Complexes give an extra Amenity if they are adjacent to a non-lake Coastal Tile.
- Leader Unique Ability: Gitarja has the “Exalted Goddess of the Three Worlds” ability, granting bonus Faith to coastal cities and allowing her to purchase Naval units with Faith at a discount, as well as eliminating movement cost for Religious unit to embark or disembark.
- Unique Unit: Indonesia’s unique unit is the Jong, which replaces the Frigate. It is faster, gains extra combat power if it’s in a formation, and all of the units in its formation gain its movement speed.
- Unique Improvement: The Kampung provides Housing, Production and Food for each adjacent Fishing Boat, and can be improved through further tech research later in the game.
This DLC pack contains the Path to Nirvana scenario and will have civs compete to have the most followers of their faith.
The two DLC packs are available now on the App Store.