Midgar Studio and Playdius have announced that their JRPG adventure Edge of Eternity will arrive on Steam Early Access on 5th December. The game was initially scheduled for release at the end of this month but has been delayed to allow the team at Midgar Studio to add the final polish. During the Early Access period there will be a number of free updates that will expand the game world and add new story chapters ready for the full release on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Playdius has released a new trailer to accompany this announcement and can be seen below…
Edge of Eternity is set on the exotic planet of Heryon, it is a world in the midst of a devastating war between the planet’s inhabitants and the mysterious invaders. Players will follow Daryon and Selene in their quest to save Heryon.
This highly anticipated JRPG features:
- Quests can be solved in multiple ways allowing players to make their own choices and face the consequences.
- Unique and ethereal environments to explore and ancient secrets to discover.
- A stunning soundtrack from Yasunori Mitsuda composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles.
- An epic turn-based tactical combat system.
- Craft equipment and insert powerful crystals to unlock unique combinations of skills and power-ups.
- A variety of companions, each with their own unique personalities and attributes.
“We can’t wait to bring players into the world of Heryon for the very first time”, says Jeremy Zeler, Head of Midgar Studio, “We’ve got bold and ambitious plans for the future of Edge of Eternity, and opening up the first chapter of this adventure through Steam Early Access is just the first step on a hugely exciting journey.”
Edge of Eternity will be available on Steam Early Access on 5th December.