SCS Software has announced the release of The Special Transport DLC for American Truck Simulator. This latest extension to the game gives truckers a chance to take some heavy duty oversized cargo through busy city streets and along the winding roads of country roads. See more of these oversized rigs in the new trailer below.
In this brand new DLC, players will need to haul 11 huge cargoes across the country and deliver them safely to their destinations. These epic rigs need to be maneuvered through the lands of American Truck Simulator’s base map and those of the DLCs. Players will not traverse these roads alone though as they will be ably escorted by a team of trained police and special vehicle escorts who will provide guidance.
The Special Transport DLC features:
- 11 huge new cargoes to deliver (up to 170,000 pounds (85 tons), 21 feet (6.5 m) width, 17 feet (5+ m) height and 52+ feet (16 m) length).
- New Special Transport trailers.
- Unique job routes for the Special Transport vehicles.
- A combination of over 90 special transport jobs.
- Custom AI escort & police vehicles.
- Original intros for the cargoes and jobs, crowds and police cars along the routes.
- New models, characters, and animations of people assisting or spectating the transport.
- Curious pedestrians, journalists or transport co-workers along the routes.
- Special Transport achievements.
The DLC also includes some special gameplay features, including collaboration with AI escort vehicles, enhanced AI behaviour, new checkpoint system to save progress and the possibility to fail the job on the spot if the strict instructions or regulations aren’t adhered to.
The Special Transport DLC for American Truck Simulator is available now.