Indie developer MGP Studios has released their retro style, cyberpunk shooter Project Downfall on Steam Early Access. This trippy retro style shooter takes players to a world on the edge of ruin. Watch the new Early Access release trailer below…
In Project Downfall the world is going through political and economic turmoil with civil wars plaguing some countries within the European Union, while other countries leave to join the Novorussian Federation. The emergence of this new political power has in turn created it’s opposite, the Pact of the Transatlantic States, a political power organised by the United States to stop the crisis from escalating.
This political chaos is draining budgets so the population are forced to take prescribed medicines from their doctors to turn them into a more efficient workforce, however, not all meds are without side effects and sometimes it will provide the population with a hefty dose of reality.
Project Downfall will feature:
- A fast paced shooter that tests reflexes and quick thinking.
- A non-linear story with multiple endings set in a cyberpunk, dystopian future of the European Union.
- Trippy, retro-style visuals.
- An original soundtrack that dynamically adapts to what’s happening on screen.
- A combo system based on self-prescribed pills.
- A large arsenal of weapons including several different shotguns, a minigun, berretta, katana and a lead pipe.
- Lots of fun ways of disposing the enemy.
Project Downfall is available now on Steam Early Access and will be coming to Xbox One and Nintendo Switch in the future.