Frontier Developments has today released details of what is coming with the next update for Elite Dangerous set to arrive towards the end of January 2020. The developers have previously mentioned that in forthcoming updates they would be placing the focus on sorting out issues and bugs and the January update will start the clean up as well as a new year.
The first update of 2020 aims to resolve game breaking bugs and stability issues that have been identified by the development team and through player feedback. As with previous betas, the developers appreciate any and all who venture off into space to seek out new bugs and new issues.
Issues being addressed in the January update include:
- Repairing Thargoid-attacked stations: not all delivery numbers counted. This will be fixed to ensure all deliveries count.
- High resolution screenshots create tiling artifacts in bright objects – will be resolved.
- Solve issue where Galaxy Map won’t select systems searched for.
- Implement a fix for the issue of the keyboard not working in-game as intended.
- Fix bug that prevents SLF female npc crew member from having audio and no text in the comms.
Further issues to be resolved that will require thorough playtesting include:
- FSS: Long delay when scanning planets with geological sites.
- Conflict Zones have no contents.
- The Invincible Heart.
- Instance splitting when fighting Thargoid Interceptor.
- Thargoid Interceptor – Heart cycle reset.
- Exiting the Game just hangs, need to force terminate.
This is only a teaser of all the fixes and alterations coming your way next year, for the full patch notes visit the official Elite Dangerous forum here.