One man indie studioSnot Bubbles Productions has released their 3D retro-styled adventure Boreal Tales on Steam for PC. Inspired by the fixed-camera angle games of the PS1, this adventure will feature horror elements as it takes players on a quest to solve a murder.
Boreal Tales will see players dive into a murder investigation in a dying town, one that is being consumed by sickness and where anger bubbles away through the population. Explore the town, solve the murder and uncover the whereabouts of Sarah, the girl who began the ancient ritual and vanished, then complete the ritual.
The game features:
- Classic 3D retro-style adventure inspired by those of the Playstation 1.
- A horror element inspired by classic gore and horror movies.
- A mature story-driven quest with multi-dimensional characters to interact with.
- Fixed-camera game just like the games of old.
- Strong language and disturbing imagery such as disembodied heads floating in blood, bodies hanging, zombies eating corpses and disfigured people (what more could horror fans want?).
“Boreal Tales is a mature story-driven quest featuring a twirling plot and multi-dimensional characters”, says Daniel Beaulieu, solo-dev at Snot Bubbles Productions. “It’s particular art-style will instantly shock you!”
Boreal Tales is available now on Steam and Itch.io.