Open Lab Games have released their narrative strategy adventure Football Drama on Nintendo Switch. Instead of the usual management and playing fodder that we get for the sport, Football Drama sees players become a manager at all times, not just on the pitch. Collect cards to build the perfect tactics and take the team to the top.
Football Drama puts players in the sheepskin coat of Calchester Assembled FC manager Rocco Galliano where they will have to make tough decisions to train the struggling team. Side with Karma or Chaos while building the perfect deck of cards that will lead the team to success or failure.
- Interactive narrative with game-changing choices.
- Turn-based match play with live-action animations.
- 18 weeks of procedural championship where you can be fired by the billionaire owner at any time.
- Deck-building mechanics determined by Rocco’s life choices and game results.
- Ridiculous cards about the crazy aspects of football as it is today.
- Deck-building mechanics determined by life choices and game results.
- Illustrated log of each match played.
- Silly commentator with his obligatory colourful sidekick.
- Replayable – every championship is unique, several different endings.
- Nicely designed user interface by Pino Panzarella.
- Stunning illustrated cards and characters by Daniele Giardini “Demigiant”.
“We don’t think that football and its universe make any sense at all, and the humour we’ve put in both writing and design is a way of expressing that,” said Pietro Polsinelli, Director at Open Lab Games. “One way to make sense of the paradoxical world of football is to look at it as a form of catharsis. Humour is a powerful way to express paradox and turn it into something that can affect you. So that’s why we’ve put together football and humour in several dimensions of our game: in the story, commentator’s texts, and illustrations of cards and characters”.
Football Drama is available on the Nintendo e-Shop now.