Outbreak: Endless Nightmares arrives on Steam and consoles on 19th May and will deliver a new roguelike twist to this next game in the popular Outbreak series. This latest game in the horror series gives replayability a boost with new features, improved animation and lighting and much more.
With Endless Nightmares, players will be able to choose from multiple characters, each of which has their own upgrade paths and more. Using these abilities, players will fight the zombies through a number of anomalies, each consisting of semi-procedurally generated situations. Players will be able to explore these areas and scavenge for supplies.
Before venturing out into the zombie infested world, players will find themselves in the ruins of the Arzt Memorial Hospital. This location is a safe zone where players can recoup after the nerve-racking fight and organise their storage caches and inventory. Once players leave the safety of this hub the fight against murderous zombie hordes begins, though it won’t be long before their character dies and they find themselves once again in the hub.
Outbreak: Endless Nightmares features:
- Enjoy the series’ signature classic survival action with roguelike gameplay.
- A massive semi-procedurally generated world to explore.
- Three camera angles, including fixed camera, over the shoulder or first-person.
- Take photos with the tactical camera.
- Fight, die, return to hub then fight again.
- Semi-procedurally generated dungeons to find different loot, puzzles, enemies etc.
- Split-screen 2 player co-op.
- 6 different characters with their own story, abilities and loadouts.
- Dismantle, repair and upgrade weapons and create ammo and healing items.
- 6 different game modes to enjoy, including Standard, Ironman, Randomiser, Lost Hope and Easy Mode.
- Find notes and logs to discover more about Lydia’s journal.
- Face a randomly-generated dungeon of extreme danger near the end of the game.
Outbreak: Endless Nightmares arrives on Steam and consoles on 19th May.