Kalypso Media and developer Realmforge Studios have announced they will be releasing the Festival DLC for Tropico 6 on 26th August. At the end of the month, El Presidente will become the best party planner in the world and host a sparkling spectacle of fireworks and fun for the citizens while also staving off an ancient entity.
An ancient evil known as ‘The Boredom’ threatens to do away with all things fun in the sun-soaked lands of Tropico and it will be up to players to thwart its plans by planning and building a festival time to end all festivals. There’s a whole new party planning gameplay to enjoy with four distinctly themed areas for events to happen and a whole range of buildings to construct, including the Dance School, Balloon Factory and a Fireworks Factory. There’s also a snazzy new outfit for El Presidente and a shiny festival themed paint job for the presidential palace.
- Take on The Boredom in a new scenario-driven campaign. Don’t let the city be swamped by clouds of mundanity and mind-numbing activities.
- 8 new buildings to construct to help the fun get started.
- Ensure the citizens have a spring in their step with the Dance School and maintain tourism with a Ticket Shop for specific festivals.
- 4 new music tracks, each themed to a different type of festival.
- Rule the populace with 3 new edicts such as Funhouser Special, Customer Service and Laundry Festivals.
- Two new customisation options for El Prez’ and the palace.
The Festival DLC will arrive on Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC on 26th August. PC players can preorder now from the Kalypso Store and get 10% off.