Forbes has today unveiled its annual list of the highest paid actress in Hollywood, and it’s no surprise to see Jennifer Lawrence at the top of the list.
The 25-year-old Hunger Games star has pocketed $52 million pre-tax earnings over the last 2 months to top the new list, $16.5 million ahead of the current No.2, Avengers star Scarlett Johansson, who earned a cool $35.5 million
In addition to the usual US contingent present on the list, their is a global feel to some of the actresses on this year’s rundown, including Chinese actress Bingbing Fan, who featured in last year’s X-Men: Days of Future Past, who ranks No.4 with a $21 million haul.
Ghostbusters star Melissa McCarthy is No.3 on the list, and is one of the four on the list to earn over $20 million in the period. Helped by the success of Spy and Tammy, McCarthy has now become a true A-list star. Long-tine list entrants like Jennifer Aniston, Angelina Jolie and Julia Roberts are once again in the top 18.
The Top 18 runs as follows:
1. Jennifer Lawrence: $52,000,000
2. Scarlett Johansson: $35,500,000
3. Melissa McCarthy: $23,000,000
4. Bingbing Fan: $21,000,000
5. Jennifer Aniston: $16,500,000
6. Julia Roberts: $16,000,000
7. Angelina Jolie: $15,000,000
8. Reese Witherspoon: $15,000,000
9. Anne Hathaway: $12,000,000
10. Kristen Stewart: $12,000,000
11. Cameron Diaz: $11,000,000
12. Gwyneth Paltrow: $9,000,000
13. Meryl Streep: $8,000,000
14. Amanda Seyfried: $8,000,000
15. Sandra Bullock: $8,000,000
16. Emma Stone: $6,500,000
17. Mila Kunis: $6,500,000
18. Natalie Portman: $6,000,000
Lawrence can next be seen in this Autumn’s final Hunger Games film, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 and her third collaboration with director David O. Russell in Joy, released this Christmas.