Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood Patch 4.2, ‘Rise of a New Sun’, will turn its focus to Doma in the main scenario quest line and introduce a brand new 8-man raid: Omega: Sigmascape. This isn’t all, however! 4.2 is absolutely jam packed with updates and fresh content, including: new trials and dungeons, updates to the Glamour system, storage solutions, and let’s not forget the Forbidden Land of Eureka!
Here is the initial list of updates, including some extra titbits we’ve learned so far:
- New Main Scenario and Side Quests: The Side Quests will kick-off the next chapter in the Hildibrand storyline.
- New Raid Dungeon: Omega: Sigmascape (Normal/Savage).
- The Forbidden Land of Eureka.
- Glamour System Updates: A new feature called Glamour Commode will be implemented and can contain up to 200 Glamours.
- Inventory Updates: Stackable item limit will be raised from 99 to 999, and Chocobo Saddlebags will be introduced – carrying 70 additional Inventory slots.
- The Feast PvP Updates: Introduction of a new map, rule revisions, and PvP team registration.
- Housing Updates: Additional plots.
- New Primal Battle.
- New Dungeons: Hell’s Lid and The Fractal Continuum (Hard).
- A New Duty Recorder Feature.
- Updates to bard’s performance actions and more!
If this wasn’t enough to sate your Final Fantasy needs, the 2018/2019 Fan Fest dates and locations have also been announced!:
- Las Vegas: November 16-17 (2018)
- European Fan Festival in Paris: Early 2019
- Tokyo Fan Festival: March 2019
For more information visit the official Fan Festival site and check out the trailer below…
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood continues the story of the Warrior of Light in his quest to liberate Ala Mhigo, a vast land conquered by the Garleans twenty years ago. Players will also be able to depart from the shores of Eorzea for the very first time, travelling to the Far Eastern lands of Doma and Kugane as they fight to liberate those lands oppressed by the Empire.
Emma Withington – @EWithingtons
Follow the gaming team @FMyth_Gaming