Publisher and developer Fatshark has announced Winds of Magic, the latest expansion to their game Warhammer: Vermintide 2, will be released on 13th August. You can watch the gameplay trailer here…
The Winds of Magic expansion will introduce a new enemy faction, the Beastmen, as well as new game mode, weapons, a higher difficulty, new progression system, and leaderboards. In the expansion, a meteor crashes down in the Reikland and the new faction emerge to claim it as a Herdstone. It is up to the five heroes to stop them before a dreadful disaster strikes the Empire.
According to the game’s official Steam page, the key features of the expansion will include:
- New Enemy Faction: Beastmen
- New Higher Difficulty
- Raised Level Cap – Raised from level 30 to level 35, and with new talents to match.
- New Progression System – All new, and separate Winds of Magic specific progression system along with Weave Forged versions of all weapon types.
- 5 New Weapons – One for each hero
- New Adventure Level: Dark Omens – Fight the mighty and strong Beastmen together with your friends in a challenging new level.
- New Game Mode: Winds of Magic – Bring your friends and try to complete a new set of challenges with increasing difficulties in the weaves of the eight Winds of Magic.
You can pre-order Winds of Magic now, and get instant access to the beta up to release on 13th August. Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is currently available to purchase on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.