With DC’s anticipated virtual convention DC Fandome beginning this Saturday, the company has announced the event will now be split into two distinct days. They have also released a new trailer that teases looks at upcoming DC films that include The Batman, Wonder Woman 1984, The Suicide Squad, Black Adam and many more projects from their film, television and video game media. Check it out below…
The DC Fandome event on August 22nd will be DC Fandome: Hall of Heroes. As mentioned, it will preview a number of DC’s film slate that will be released soon or are currently in production, such as Zack Snyder’s Justice League or the long in development Flash film from director Andy Muschietti. Other projects fans can see will be teases for the next seasons of The CW’s Arrowverse as well as a look at the upcoming Superman: Man of Tomorrow animated film and Rocksteady’s Suicide Squad game.
Then on September 12th DC will host DC Fandome: Explore the Multiverse. This will be an event fans can curate themselves as they choose their own adventure. The official description for the new event is:
On Saturday, September 12, at 10:00am PDT, fans will be able to create their own timeline! The great thing about this event is that it will be on demand, giving you the ability to curate your own unique experience via our Official DC FanDome Online Scheduler Tool. A lot of the content you were super excited to see from our multiple islands will now be housed here, and will be available for you to watch throughout the 24-hour period. Fans can now choose their own adventure and will have more time to immerse themselves in all the hours of curated programming — at their own pace and on their own schedule. DC Kids FanDome will also launch on Saturday, September 12, at its own kid-friendly companion site at DCKidsFanDome.com.
Here’s the type of content you’ll be able to find at DC Fandome: Hall of Heroes:
- Hall of Heroes: The epicenter of the DC FanDome. Experience special programming and star-studded panels, and be the first to see all-new content from upcoming films, television series, games, and more. Hall of Heroes is your entrée into a world tailored just for you, the fans — and it’s available in nine languages!
- WatchVerse: In this highly immersive environment, you will find yourself transported to a busy street in the DC FanDome’s theater district. Explore the storefronts, alleys, and rooftops — but definitely make sure to visit the four iconic theatres: the Monarch, Athena, Kandor, and McDuffie’s Dakota, featuring the Blerd & Boujee House, celebrating Blerd (aka “Black nerd”) culture and its impact around the globe. Take a seat and join our virtual audience for hours of must-see DC content from around the world. Whether it’s the latest panels, exclusive world premiere screenings or never-before-seen footage, there’s something for everyone to enjoy with the casts, creators, and behind-the-scenes characters from the worlds of DC TV series, films, home entertainment, games and more!
- YouVerse: Venture into DC YouVerse, where the FANS are the stars, to see the most amazing fan art, cosplay, and user-generated content from around the world — including, perhaps, your own! This is the Verse where fans are highlighted, honored, and rewarded throughout the unique 24-hour DC FanDome experience.
- InsiderVerse: Go behind the scenes on the legendary Warner Bros. Studios lot with the master artisans who bring DC to life in all its forms — from comic books to games, TV, movies, theme parks, consumer products and more.
- FunVerse: This is the perfect place to share your DC fandom! Explore every corner of this immersive and interactive space where you can access free digital comic books, buy exclusive products and collectibles through our key partners, strike a pose at our selfie station, explore the Batcave, and many more awesome activities.
- DC Kids FanDome: Explore the Teen Titans tower, visit DC Super Hero Girls’ Sweet Justice Café, make your way to the Batcave, and see all your favorite animated heroes in this world made specially for kids of every age to celebrate, play and create. DC Kids FanDome is kid-friendly and safe, and all the fun can be found at our separate companion site DCKidsFanDome.com.
Are you excited for DC Fandome? Share your thoughts on social media by reaching out to us via Twitter or Facebook @FlickeringMyth…
Ricky Church – Follow me on Twitter for more movie news and nerd talk.