Due to the ongoing health crisis, this summer has seen a very noticeable lack of news on the comic book film and television front with the cancellation of many conventions where those announcements are typically revealed. In just a few weeks on August 22, Warner Bros. will make up for that with the 24-hour online event DC FanDome, and to hype it up even more they released a trailer promising exclusive reveals on a number of their upcoming projects. Check it out below…
Among many of the films that will be part of the online con, two of the most anticipated projects that will be viewed are James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad and a look at the anticipated Zack Snyder’s Justice League, the director’s infamous cut of the superhero team-up before WB hired Joss Whedon to completely retool the film.
Accessible for 24 hours at DCFanDome.com, the global event will take place on August 22nd, and the press release promises “new announcements from WB Games, Film and TV, and comics, as well as an unprecedented opportunity to hear from the casts and creators behind your favourite feature films and TV series, including: Aquaman , The Batman, Batwoman, Black Adam, Black Lightning, DC Super Hero Girls, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, DC’s Stargirl, Doom Patrol, The Flash, Harley Quinn, the SnyderCut of Justice League, Lucifer, Pennyworth, SHAZAM!, The Suicide Squad, Supergirl, Superman & Lois, Teen Titans GO!, Titans, Watchmen, Young Justice: Outsiders and, coming this fall to theatres worldwide, Wonder Woman 1984.”
The virtual event will include:
- DC WatchVerse: Here’s where you grab a seat, sit back and join our virtual audience and become completely engrossed in hours of must-see content from around the world. Everything from panels and exclusive screenings to never-before-seen footage, featuring cast, creators and behind-the-scenes crew from across DC Films, TV, Home Entertainment and Games.
- DC YouVerse: Venture into this world, where the FANS are the stars, to see the most amazing user-generated content, cosplay and fan art from around the world, including, perhaps, your own.
- DC KidsVerse: Need a way to entertain your kids for hours on end? We’ve got you covered inside a special world which can be accessed directly at DCKidsFanDome.com. This area features a broad range of family-friendly activations for our younger fans.
- DC InsiderVerse: This creativity-based world contains a centrepiece video featuring legendary artist and DC CCO/Publisher Jim Lee, President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and creator of the DC TV Arrowverse, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti, welcoming fans with a 101-style introduction to the DC Multiverse. From there, go behind the scenes with the master artisans who bring DC to life in all its forms, from comic books to games, TV, movies, theme parks, consumer products, and more.
- DC FunVerse: Take your DC FanDome experience and gather cool shareables; check out our comic book reader; DIY cool WW84 Golden Armor and Batmobile kits; plus digital giveaways and a store filled with merchandise, including some limited-edition exclusives.
— DC (@DCComics) August 5, 2020
What are you most excited for in DC FanDome? Let us know on our social channels @FlickeringMyth…
Ricky Church – Follow me on Twitter for more movie news and nerd talk.