Historical warfare MMO developers Wargaming have announced the release of update 0.6.8 for World of Warships. This latest update introduces the eagerly anticipated British Battleship branch to the seas. The lovely Dasha Perova sports her Majesty’s colours in a new video which you can watch below…
The long awaited British Battleships branch includes:
- Tier III Bellerophon
- Tier IV Orion
- Tier V Iron Duke
- Tier VI Queen Elizabeth
- Tier VII King George V
- Tier VIII Monarch
- Tier IX Lion
- Tier X Conqueror
Tier III-VI have thick hulls and can absorb punishment whilst the tier VII-X ships add an improved concealment to the qualities to make them effective when lining up for a perfect salvo.
These new British ships are masters of midrange marksmanship and have access to an improved Repair Party consumable which restores even more HP after taking damage from shell hits this means you can recover and get back to action faster than your enemy may expect. The ships also have HE shells with increased damage and armour penetration.
As well as the new ships the update provides improvements to the graphics with dynamic lighting for maps, external views of the ships and water lighting, improvements to sound such as amplifying fire alarms and explosions depending on how close you are to them and a new system for aircraft sounds and the new War Drums music mode.
Other improvements, changes in this update include:
- Eliminated “black screen” bug at the beginning of a battle
- Status of the Play\Pause button in login window saved
- Updated the indicators that light up when detected from sea and air as well as by Surveillance Radar and Hydroacoustic Search
- Updated indicator for the Priority Target skill
- Moved smoke indicator to left of screen close to cyclone approach indicator
- Reduced font size in combat missions and challenges
- Reduced loading time of in-game browser
- Added an in-game Premium Shop
- Now you just need to re-enter the game after changing your in-game name for the change to take effect
- Fixed bug related to penalty for loss of an entire squadron — now, the penalty applied to all researchable Japanese carriers will be 3x the aircraft-servicing time (formerly 2.5 for certain carriers)
- Fixed spontaneous cursor movement when battle starts when game is minimised
- Fixed flickering of task bar icon (Windows 8 and Windows 10)
- Fixed glitch preventing some players from receiving “Naval Warfare: Tactics” after fulfilling all conditions
- Fixed glitch where the same task could display in in two out of three “In Progress” fields for a campaign
- Fixed display glitch in Premium ship price which occurred when selecting a different Premium ship
- Fixed bug with incorrect progress data displayed in Port for a combat mission, including completed ones
- Fixed crashes on computers running Mac OS and Win
- When using Quick Commands, Ship names in chat now display in capital letters
- Fixed incorrect display of Combat Missions progress bar
- Fixed bug with returning to Port from Campaign window by pressing “Back to Port” button
- Fixed incorrect smokes setting on the Cruiser Perth
- Fixed the bug where some players saw an infinite loading icon in the port when performing actions with upgrades, commanders, etc.
So hoist the Union Jack and get ready for the jolly Jack Tars of the British Battleships branch coming on the 31st August.