Indie developer Star Drifters have announced that their latest title Driftland: The Magic Revival will be coming soon to the PC. Inspired by the likes of such classics as Mega-Lo-Mania, Populus and Majesty, Driftland: The Magic Revival is a blend of 4X, RTS and the god game genre. Watch the trailer below for a glimpse at the game…
The planet of Driftland is a chaotic one, in the past many races vied for power using all the planet’s magical energy until the crust crumbled into pieces and formed islands. The mages that were once at war created a powerful spell to maintain the planet’s fragile balance. Now, new sources of magical energy are seeping into the Driftland once again and the wars for power have started once more.
Players take the part of a Mage Overlord wih the ambition of taking over the Driftland for yourself. With only a castle, tower and a single island, players must build up an empire capable of taking on all-comers. If you need more islands use your magic to draw them to your island and link them together.
Driftland: The Magic Revival features:
- Explore, fight, and set goals! There’s no micromanagement, simply issue commands to your faithful army.
- 4X, RTS, and god game combined. Special approach, introducing many features.
- Dynamic topography. The shattered planet is kept from collapsing and drifting away into the depths of space by powerful, ancient magic.
- High accessibility and replayability value – Adjust the complexity and difficulty of maps and scenarios as you like.
- Build an empire – Expand your kingdom, gather resources, become a mighty mage, and merge scattered fragments of a planet with powerful sorcery.
- Single player and multiplayer campaigns! Whether alone or with other players, Driftland: The Magic Revival is an incredible experience.
- Taming wild creatures. Create completely different battle units by combining warriors with creatures.
- Everything takes place on the same map. Manage your empire and fight for expansion in the same tactical view, where you are able to dynamically adjust distance.
Look out for Driftland: The Magic Revival coming soon.