Studio Wildcard has announced that it is teaming up with veteran mobile developer War Drum Studios (Bully, Grand Theft Auto, Auralux), to bring the entire ARK: Survival Evolved massively multiplayer survival experience to mobile devices.
The Android and iOS version will be free-to-play and puts the genre-defining adventure in the palm of your hand, letting you join forces with tens of thousands of other dino-hunters. This on-the-go version features the full online survival experience contained in the PC and console versions of ARK, including a gigantic island to explore, 80+ dinosaurs and primeval creatures to tame and train, multiplayer tribe mechanics, and of course, crafting and building!
Watch the announcement trailer here:
Choosing from single-player or the persistent online multiplayer, ARK survivors will be stranded on a mysterious island, unarmed and beset with danger on all sides. Craft the tools needed to survive then build bases, and tame one of the amazing dinosaurs and other prehistoric beasts, including gargantuan creatures on a scale never before seen in video games!
ARK: Survival Evolved Mobile Features:
- 80+ Dinosaurs: Use cunning strategy and tactics to tame, train, ride and breed the many dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the dynamic, persistent ecosystems across land, sea, air, and even underground.
- Discover: Unearth rare blueprints and Explorer Notes written by previous human denizens of the ARK from across the millennia, detailing the mysterious island’s creatures and backstory.
- Craft and Build: Using any means necessary – survive, craft weapons, clothes, and items, and build shelters, villages, or even large cities. Plant, Harvest, Build, Level-Up, and Customize everything visually and functionally, including procedurally-generated RPG statistics for creatures, characters, resources, clothing, gear, and weapons, both primitive and modern.
- Play Alone or Team Up to Survive: Team up with, or prey on, up to 50 other players in a large-scale multiplayer online first-person environment, or choose single player mode to test alone your mettle against the dinos.
- Join a Tribe: The ‘Tribe’ system encourages cooperation, by supporting dynamic parties to share resources, XP, and re-spawn points.
Fly a Pterodactyl squadron over the snow-capped mountains, race through the deep jungle with your pack of trained Raptors, tromp through a fortified enemy base along a convoy of gigantic Brontosaurus, or chase down prey on the back of a raging T-Rex. Players will quickly learn that dinosaurs aren’t the only dangerous creatures on the island. Other survivors are organizing rebel tribes to accumulate resources, experience, re-spawn points, and to construct sprawling villages and cities, with technology spanning the primitive stone-age to the modern electric-powered era and beyond. And they will fight to destroy anything they see as a threat.
ARK: Survival Evolved is expected to arrive on Android and iOS devices later in the spring.