After being delayed from its January release date, indie developer Turbo Pelvis 3000 inc. has announced that the new release date for their upcoming space roguelite game Fission Superstar X will be this May. The delay in release date enabled the developers to provide a more polished product to gamers on Xbox One and Windows PC, and going by the new trailer below this polishing has been worthwhile.
Set in a more crazy version of our solar system, Fission Superstar X will see players set out in Dr. Leopold’s bomber on a randomly generated bombing run against seemingly impossible odds. Players will have access to a variety of unlockable ships with an assortment of weapons and will be able to choose from over 100 different crew members to man the ship.
The solar system is not a friendly place to visit and players will encounter over 70 different types of enemies including scavengers, giant insects and even fascist space cats, there are also numerous big bosses to destroy.
The game will feature:
- Nine different ships to unlock.
- More than 100 different crew members from a variety of species to choose from.
- Over 20 different environments to fight through, including space whale pods and planetary atmospheres.
- Over 70 different hostile enemies and giant bosses out for blood.
- 64 different and wonderful weapons ranging from puny rifles to nuclear mortars.
Look out for Fission Superstar X arriving this May.