It’s not been that long since World of Warships: Legends sailed onto Xbox One and Playstation 4 but already we have a brand new update (around 1.5gb in size) that brings with it quite a few changes, including flag functionality, major upgrades to ships and more importantly the introduction of campaigns.
Campaigns in World of Warships: Legends will take the form of a series of progressing tasks that span several weeks with various rewards offered along the way. There are multiple ways to complete a campaign such as completing the tasks one after the other without help or by acquiring an Admiralty Backing. An Admiralty Backing is a support system that increases the reward count and value.
The first campaign for World of Warships: Legends will feature the tier VI Premium US cruiser, Atlanta and to get it will require an active Admiralty Backing which costs 2500 Doubloons, however, after two weeks there will be a chain of combat missions that rewards exactly 2500 doubloons.
Changes to ship upgrades now mean that there is more choice when it comes to the sequence of upgrades for the ships, players will be able to mount any major upgrade into any slot with a yellow and black border although the experience to do so will still need to be gained first.
Ship captains can now mount any flags they possess on any ship they own rather than the previous specific flags on specific ships. To select a flag to fly check in the corresponding tab of the ship’s loadout menu.
Other changes included in the update are:
- Clouds in the battle locations now have shadows whenever the weather is sunny.
- Game login screen will now provide information on current events, update or store deals.
- Modification to the Collision prevention system making player ships avoid collisions even more. This can still be turned off in the settings menu.
- Minimal distance required to travel to not be considered away from controller is now 2km due to players’ feedback.
Bug fixes include:
- When in division, players could still see some battle modes as valid, even if they couldn’t participate in said mode
- Fixed overly rapid camera movement when switching between ships in the port
- Fixed the torpedo interface showing incorrect angles (for example: wide angle on the surface when narrow angle is chosen in the interface)
- 1st victory bonus will no longer appear multiple times for the same ship
- Fixed rare incorrect layering of the interface elements in headquarters and port
- Fixed nicknames in the friend list appearing in too small of a font
- Fixed the torpedo reloading sound still audible on a destroyed ship
- Fixed rare cases of not being able to switch torpedo angles on some ships
- Fixed the lack of voice chat IDs when players talk while browsing the battle result screen
- Fixed the collision prevention system not turning off correctly
- “On a Second Thought” skill now has correct percentage distribution among ranks: 15%-30%-45%, it went up to 70% at rank 2 before.
What do you think to this update? Sounds good or bad? Leave a comment below or on our Twitter @FMyth_Gaming.