Bare Knuckle Development have announced that their action packed retro space shooter, Super Mega Space Blaster Special, is now available to buy from Steam. This fast paced shmup will see humans fight off swarms of aliens to save humanity. Watch the game’s launch trailer below…
Super Mega Space Blaster Special is set in a far future where the Earth is no longer habitable and humanity has fled the polluted planet in a massive spaceship to seek out another world to live on. When the spaceship identifies a habitable world, the planets inhabitants aren’t so friendly and so players will need to take control of one of the giant ship’s space blasters and sort out the aliens.
The shmup features:
- Fast paced gameplay with bullet hell elements.
- 3 game modes including Survival where fuel and ammo are limited, Protect Mother where players will need to ensure the mother ship stays in one piece and To The Death, a 2 player mode that sees players destroy each other.
- Collect coins to unlock 10 different ships, each with their own perks.
- Plenty of power-ups, including lasers, homing missiles and multi-shot.
- Collectables to help in battle such as bombs, shields and magnets.
- 15 enemy types and a boss.
- Over 20 in-game challenges.
- Hand drawn art style.
- More than 20 Steam achievements.
- An 80s inspired synth-based original soundtrack by Electric Fan Death.
Super Mega Space Blaster Special is available to purchase now on Steam for £0.79/ $0.99 and is currently available with a 10% discount until 24th June.