Publisher Humble Bundle and developer HopFrog have announced that their addictive 2D open world adventure, Forager, will be available in North American retail for both PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on 22nd October.
Forager takes players to a world where they are free to explore and and establish themselves using their own unique playstyle. Players will be able to have a unique experience with the free-form upgrade system that allows them to focus on a number of activities such as farming, foraging, dungeoneering, archeology, combat, puzzle-solving and base-building, or creating a balance between all of them.
There’s a whole load of different biomes to explore, a variety of NPCs to interact with and a good amount of random events to encounter.
The game allows players to become:
- Adventuring – Raid four distinct old-school dungeons and face mighty bosses solo or with the assistance of NPCs. There are a variety of goodies to discover in hidden treasure chests.
- Farming – Grow vegetables, fruits and herbs and take care of animals to gain their loyalty.
- Gatherer – There are a huge variety of resources, consumables and materials for players to collect from all biomes. This is the ideal activity for players who like to hoard.
- Merchant – Buy, sell and buy more and expand a trade empire.
- Builder – Purchase land then design and build whatever type of base is desired from a serene farm to a defensive fortress.
Or even become a mix of everything. Players can set their own goals and work towards them.
Forager will arrive in retail stores across North America this October.