Lionbite Games has announced the release of Chapter 1 of their atmospheric, dystopian sci-fi adventure, Rain of Reflections on Steam. Titled ‘Set Free’, this first chapter will see players set off on a life or death adventure through a world where the human race has all become infertile.
This first chapter follows Wilona, a scientist working on a cure for the worlds sudden infertility. As one of the scientists carrying out experiments on the lastborn child, Wilona begins to doubt the morality of the experiments and decides to face danger and free the subject. On the run from powerful forces, players will journey with Wilona through the pristine towers of the elite, the derelict slums of the downtrodden and the sterile halls of the state’s labs.
Chapters 2 ‘Open Eye’ and 3 ‘Undercurrent’ will place the focus on different characters, within different environments allowing players to follow the story of this dystopian world from different perspectives.
Rain of Reflections features:
- Every single line spoken by the protagonist can be used to convince, defuse or outsmart a variety of characters, and can also affect friends in combat.
- A variety of beautifully created environments to explore, ranging from a sophisticated upper class area, the flooded slums of the Trench, the twisted Temple, the heavily guarded Waste Plant and the clinical Labs.
- A turn-based strategy system provides a range of tactical options allowing players to move stealthily, speak or open fire with precise shots causing environmental damage.
- Hack computer systems, pick locks and listen in on radio frequencies.
- Choose how you play – point and click the character to where you want them to go or control their movement with a gamepad.
- Consider every choice made, each choice has its consequences on the world, may affect characters living or dying and even the outcome of the story.
Chapter 1 of Rain of Reflections is available now on Steam with a 10% discount available until 11th October. Chapters 2 and 3