Indie developer Darkness Developments has announced the release of World Of Conquerors: Origins MMO. This continuation of the popular World Of Conquerors series provides players with more depth to the game universe, enhanced visuals and a large number of playable units to control.
World Of Conquerors: Origins is an online MMO that challenges players to grow an empire and dominate the world using diplomacy or brute force. Would be emperors will be able to play as men, elves or orcs and construct grand cities, manage resources and train a powerful army of soldiers. Each race will have different units available to them and its own distinct style.
Players will be able to build up to 10 mighty cities on each map and unlock unique technologies that will help in their defence, alongside building a substantial army. Joining (or creating) an alliance will be vital to helping an empire grow as members will be able to share resources and call for help in desperate times.
Armies can be trained and used to plunder for resources as well as to invade the cities of other players or the AI with all battles being in real-time. These real-time battles are ideal for those who like finely detailed unit control and micro-management.
The game features:
- 3 unique races to play, Man, Elf and Orc.
- 36 playable units, including infantry, archers and cavalry types.
- Alliance system that allows sharing of resources and call for aid.
- Special-ability Generals to help in combat.
- Global Market-, Mail- and Chat-system to all players.
- 20 famous cities for players to capture and fight over, these include 4 state capitals and 16 regional capitals per game world.
- A quest-system that provides rewards including rare items.
World Of Conquerors: Origins is available for free on Steam now.