Indie developer Stray Fawn Studios will be releasing their genetic survival sim Niche on Nintendo Switch on 3rd September. This colourful genetic survival game has already received positive feedback from gamers on Steam and is hoped to be equally successful on the Switch.
Niche is all about evolving a new species of creature and keeping them ahead of the game of survival at all costs. Using selective breeding players must ensure the protection of their new species from the many threats in the world such as hungry predators, climate change and sickness. There’s plenty of different approaches to ensuring their survival with the game’s combination of turn-based strategies, simulation and roguelike elements.
- A living, dynamic and vibrant world that will test the player’s survival skills.
- A breeding system based on real genetics that also allows players to learn about the scientific mechanics of genetics while experimenting with the game.
- Five pillars of population genetics (genetic drift, genetic flow, mutation, natural selection, sexual selection).
- Scientific mechanics of genetics used as game mechanics that will be learned through play (featuring dominant-recessive, co-dominant inheritance, etc).
- Over 100 genes to shape your own species using real animals DNA.
- Worlds and animals that are procedurally generated.
- Five different biomes to explore featuring different predators, prey and flora.
- Roguelike elements – Go extinct and it’s game over and the circle of life begins once more.
Niche will be released on 3rd September and is available to pre-order now with a 10% discount.