Leading developer and publisher Capcom has revealed details on the new characters, stages and other content coming to Street Fighter V: Champion Edition during its fifth and final season. Street Fighter V’s director, Takayuki Nakayama, and producer Shuhei Matsumoto reveal more in the new Summer Update video (see below).
The Street Fighter V development team have confirmed that Dan, Rose and Oro from previous Street Fighter games will be joining the roster of fighters as well as Akira from Capcom’s 1997 fighting game Rival Schools: United by Fate, and a yet to be revealed character. More details of these characters include:
- Dan Hibiki – This character last appeared in Street Fighter IV and will be bringing his iconic taunt as well as his unique Saikyo-ryu (“Strongest Style”) fighting style. Dan will be arriving this winter.
- Rose – A fan-favourite character from the Alpha series and Street Fighter IV who will bring a variety of unique special moves to SFV in the spring of 2021.
- Oro – An ancient martial arts master who last appeared in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. This master will bring one-armed power and skill to gamers in the summer of 2021.
- Akira Kazama – With her biker style look and moves, this character will be making her Street Fighter debut in summer 2021.
- The yet to be revealed character will be coming next autumn.
Four new stages are on their way with a Rose stage (arriving spring 2021), Akira stage (summer 2021) and two new Capcom Pro Tour stages arriving this winter and autumn 2021.
Other new content, including 30 new costumes, a new battle mechanic and new battle balance adjustments will arrive this winter.
Street Fighter V: Champion Edition and the Street Fighter V Upgrade Kit are currently on sale digitally on Playstation 4 and Steam.