Dead Drop Studios’ co-op survival horror Outbreak: Epidemic is now available on the Nintendo Switch. This latest in the Outbreak series is oozing with heavy atmosphere and a near endless replayability that will see players scared out of their wits throughout the haunting period of Halloween and beyond. Experience the dark, oppressive scary atmosphere in the launch trailer below…
Outbreak: Epidemic will have players join up with a friend o fight their way through an apocalyptic world filled with the undead and strange mutated creatures out for blood. Players will be able to tackle this tough-as-nails survival horror across several game modes, including Campaign Mode, Onslaught Mode and Experiments Mode.
The Nintendo Switch version of Outbreak: Epidemic makes the most out of the Switch’s capabilities and features higher quality graphics with full dynamic shadows, it makes the most of the Joy-Con controllers, the touchscreen and the HD Rumble, plus it is the first in the Outbreak series to be playable on a handheld device.
- Claustrophobic over-the-shoulder gameplay.
- Classic Story, Onslaught, and Experiments modes available in solo play or co-op.
- Customisable camera including FOV, height and more!
- Local 2-player split-screen co-op.
- Several different firearms and melee weapons to choose from.
- Multiple difficulty settings: Easy, Normal, Biohazard and Nightmare!
- Search areas to discover diary entries and keys.
- Solve puzzles to survive.
- Quality and Performance modes may be selected from Options screen.
- Supports Switch Pro Controller, Joy-Cons in tabletop mode, and HD Rumble.
“The Nintendo Switch is a great platform to develop for and surprisingly powerful for its size. It should come as no surprise that the full Outbreak: Epidemic experience is here – including all game modes and content. I had a lot of fun working on the Switch port – optimizing the code and making sure Outbreak: Epidemic looks and plays great in both portable and docked modes!” – Evan Wolbach, Founder, Dead Drop Studios.
Outbreak: Epidemic is available via the Nintendo eShop now with a limited time 15% discount available until 28th October.