Protocol Games and publisher by Raiser Games are working with Meridiem Games to bring a special physical boxed edition of the upcoming Song of Horror to Playstation 4 gamers this summer. This boxed Deluxe Edition will include a special artwork sleeve, a map that can be used by players to note down the clues they find during play and a character guide that explains their abilities. Watch the new trailer below…
In Song of Horror the elusive writer Sebastian P. Husher and his entire family have gone missing without trace, even the assistant sent by the writer’s worried editor has vanished. Players will have to investigate these supernatural disappearances in this Lovecraftian, third person adventure. Supernatural investigators will be able to take control of 13 characters, all of which have different skills, and rather than fighting the dark malevolent evil known as The Presence will have to focus on running, hiding and staying silent so as to avoid manifestations.
- The Presence uses an advanced AI that reacts to the player’s actions and decisions, responds to your way of playing and hunts you down in unexpected ways
- 13 different characters with each bringing a unique point of view to the investigation, allowing them to approach clues and items differently.
- Each character will know more or less of certain aspects of the story with some being more effective against supernatural manifestations. If a character gets killed by the Presence then it is permanent. However, the story will continue with another character, just without their skills and contributions to the world.
- Locations inspired by the classics of the genre, including a mysterious antique shop, a forgotten abbey and an abandoned mental hospital.
- Seek out clues and items that will assist in solving challenging puzzles.
Song of Horror will launch digitally on Xbox and Playstation consoles on 28th May with the Playstation 4 exclusive boxed Deluxe Edition this summer.