With all of the secrecy surrounding Marvel Studios projects, Kevin Feige’s Spider-Sense will have been going crazy these past few days, what with Alfred Molina opening up about his return as Doc Ock in the upcoming Spider-Man: No Way Home, and now we have an alleged plot leak for Marvel and Sony’s upcoming threequel which – if true – pretty much gives away the entire movie. With that in mind, proceed with caution as potentially major spoilers follow…
Firstly, it’s worth noting that the plot leak comes by way of Reddit, which traditionally means there’s a high likelihood of it being little more than fan fiction. However, adding some credence to this particular ‘leak’ is the fact that its poster, SpideyForever245, accurately revealed that Julia Louis-Dreyfus was the surprise cameo in this week’s The Falcon and the Winter Soldier the day before the episode aired. Is that enough to believe they’ve somehow got the inside scoop of Spider-Man: No Way Home? You’ll have to be the judge of that for the time being, but (via Comic Book Movie), here’s the alleged info:
- There’s a time skip, Peter Parker is in court, there’s a lot going on as he’s trying to prove his innocence.
- The Multiverse is breaking [and] there are villains from other worlds. Doctor Strange is trying to capture them and put them in a special prison he made. The villains somehow escaped because Peter messed with some magic to clear his name [and it’s] now up to him to get them back into the prison.
- Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are in the second and third acts of the movie.
- There are some scenes with Maguire and Garfield on their own.
- The movie’s final act is on the Statue of Liberty that now looks like a big Captain America with the shield. The villains are all there. Holland, Maguire and Garfield too. There is a Stark Arc Reactor the [villains] are fighting over.
- All the villains except Willem Dafoe’s Green Goblin end up in that prison. The Goblin kills someone… I’m not sure who, but Tom Holland’s Peter was crying and got so mad he tried to kill Goblin and very nearly did.
- The movie ends with Peter finishing high school…it looks like everyone still knows he’s Spider-Man by the end.
The alleged leaker also went on to “confirm” that Charlie Cox’s Matt Murdock does appear in the film, while as for the Green Goblin’s potential victim(s), further are circulating on social media that both Aunt May and Ned Leeds are killed. It’s unclear whether Norman Osborn is responsible for both of these deaths, or if one of the many other villains will also be getting their hands dirty.
So, what do you make of these rumours? Do you think there could be any truth to them, and if so, what do you make of the plot? Let us know on our social channels @FlickeringMyth…
Spider-Man: No Way Home is slated for release on December 17th 2021 and sees Jon Watts (Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: Far From Home) directing Tom Holland (Spider-Man), Benedict Cumberbatch (Doctor Strange), Zendaya (MJ), Marisa Tomei (Aunt May), Jacob Batalon (Ned Leeds), Tony Revolori (Flash Thompson), Jamie Foxx (Electro) and Alfred Molina (Doctor Octopus).