Ever wondered how Robin Hood and Cleopatra would handle rampaging reptiles from outer space? Me neither, but the people at Gregarious Games have given it so much thought they will be releasing Reptilian Rising, later this year on Steam. Watch the brand-new announcement trailer below…
Inspired by the humour and animation of Robot Chicken, Reptilian Rising takes players on a journey through time (minus the police box and Delorean) to fight a rampaging race of ravenous reptile invaders.
Players will be able to assemble a squad of the best and brightest from human history and command their squad across a variety of battlefields throughout different time periods and take on various reptilian enemies, including the mechanical Manborgs and the three-headed Dictatorsaur.
There’s seven periods of history to fight through, such as the Mesozoic Era, the Classical Era and the 1980’s Silicon Era, and in each players will encounter new objectives, new environments, new enemies and also have the chance to recruit new heroes.
Reptilian Rising features:
- Time travel with an 80’s board game look.
- Battle through seven distinct eras, each with new heroes and enemies.
- A huge solo story spanning Earth’s history.
- Save timelines, make money then spend it on heroes and upgrades.
- Recruit legendary heroes such as Caesar, Churchill, Robin Hood or Cleopatra.
- Challenge friends in online PvP.
Reptilian Rising is heading to Steam later this year but a closed alpha will be arriving this summer.