Devolver Digital and developer Team WIBY have announced the release of their asynchronous multiplayer adventure Phantom Abyss on Steam Early Access. Procedurally-generated, trap laden temples filled with relentless guardians and relics await those brave enough to venture inside. See more in the release trailer below…
With Phantom Abyss head into procedurally-generated temples to retrieve sacred relics that are hidden deep within the trap filled depths. Navigate branching pathways in search of the relics but beware of the treacherous chasms and relentless guardians who defend it. Claim the relic or let the temple claim you. There’s only one attempt at each temple and win or lose you’ll not see it again.
Players will be able to use the phantom runs of failed attempts from other players to help avoid the mistakes that killed them, or in turn help others avoid the same mistake they have made. Once the legendary relic is found the temple vanishes forever.
- Explore each temple alongside the phantoms of other players who met their end before you and use their run to aid in your hunt. Learn from up to 20 phantoms, including Steam friends, to have a better chance of success.
- Discover keys within chests that unlock deeper and deadlier parts of the temple that hide even more coveted relics. Discover the legendary relic and claim the whole temple.
- Collect as much treasure on the way as possible then make offerings at altars to gain a new blessing, such as double jump, glide jump, extended slide, damage protection, for the rest of the run.
- Unlock new whips that may help in your next attempt. Each whip has a minor blessing but also a curse that may hinder the run.
- Share Temple Codes for failed runs with friends and help them succeed where you failed.
Throughout the Early Access stage, Team WIBY will continue to expand the game with new chambers, traps, whips, zones and additional gameplay features.
Phantom Abyss is available now on Steam Early Access with a 20% discount until 8th July.